Nesidiocoris tenuis is a predatory bug of the Miridae family. It occurs naturally around the Mediterranean basin. Nesidiocoris tenuis, a generalist predator, contributes to the control of small arthropod pests in vegetable crops in greenhouses and open field.
Nesidiocoris tenuis feeds on a large spectrum of pests: eggs and larvae of the leaf mining moth Tuta absoluta, the greenhouse (Trialeurodes vaporariorum), and sweet potato whiteflies (Bemisia tabaci), spider mites, moth eggs, thrips, aphids and leafminer larvae.
Nesidiocoris tenuis is recommended for use on tomatoes and eggplants.
Nesidiocoris tenuis adults are 3-4 mm in length. Both, male and female, are green. They possess stripy antennae and a black and white pattern on their wings. Eggs are white coloured and inserted in the plant tissue. Nymphs are green coloured, visible particularly on the underside of leaves.
BioNesidiocoris – The Product
- BioNesidiocoris is packed in 100 cc bottles containing 500 individuals each, more than 90% being adults. The predatory bugs are mixed with an inert carrier material.
- Immediately upon release, the predatory bugs actively seek out their prey and once found they insert their piercing-sucking mouth parts to extract the content of the prey’s body.
- BioNesidiocoris is shipped in insulated and chilled styrofoam boxes. This packaging must be kept intact until it reaches the end-user. When applied, the boxes should be taken from the shipment package one by one and the predatory bugs should be released immediately.
- To apply, sprinkle the contents of the bottle over the plants. The bugs will find their way to the parts of the plant they prefer.
- About 2 to 4 weeks following the release of BioNesidiocoris (depending upon temperature), the offspring of the new generation can be detected on the crop. The subsequent generations will establish in the crop and effectively control the target pest.
- The rate and frequency of BioNesidiocoris release may differ from one crop and/or habitat to another. Introduction rate should be determined according to the nature of the crop (e.g. open field or protected) and according to the rate of pest infestation.
- Avoid direct exposure of the product to sunlight!
- BioNesidiocoris is compatible with selective conventional chemicals (according to the list of pesticides approved by BioBee).
BioBee Sde Eliyahu Ltd. produces and markets biological products. Production is carried out using innovative techniques under controlled quality assurance standards such as ISO 9001:2008, as well as IOBC’s international standards for mass-production of insects.
All products are tested to meet specification requirements before leaving the factory.
BioBee is not responsible for the outcome of implementation in the field, as it has no control over the method of application, local conditions, treatment/storage of product not according to instructions, etc.